At St Gwladys' Church Hall we provide a welcoming and pleasant environment for our local community. Through support and dedication from our staff and volunteers, our Hall has become a hub of activity. With weekly groups and special events taking place throughout the year, there's something for everyone at St Gwladys'.
St Gwladys’ is a well-established community hub serving residents of all ages. A range of social, recreational and educational activities and weekly groups cater for the holistic needs of those living in Bargoed and surrounding areas.
As the area’s largest community venue with disabled access and local transport links, St Gwladys’ hosted 1,221 events in 2019
In everything we do we aim to:
1. Improve Health & Wellbeing
- Reduce social isolation through peer-led, meaningful & healthy activities
- Create a supportive environment and drop-in point, signposting to specialist services
- Build intergenerational relationships by hosting community fayres, markets and events
- Provide educational sessions on healthy living with our partner organisations
2. Tackle Poverty Holistically
- Provide free or low cost training and personal development opportunities
- Improve access to the arts and entertainment at affordable prices
- Deliver an Accessible Volunteering Programme
- Deliver a School Uniform and Clothing Bank and Valleys Storehouse Project
- Work in partnership with a range of organisations to provide affordable and local educational and leisure opportunities
St Gwladys' Church Hall